Logos has a good reputation for employees who stay a very long time (several long-timers have been here over 20 years). This is partly because we spend an extraordinary amount of time seeking and finding just the right people to join our staff. Although we do not always have openings in our schedule, we are always looking for qualified individuals who are a good fit.
What constitutes a good fit at Logos? We look for people who
- want to work 30-40 hours a week (we do hire a few part-timers, too);
- are planning on being in Santa Cruz for at least 2 years;
- are flexible enough to take on occasional extra shifts to cover vacations or sick calls when they come up;
- are self-motivated—do not need babysitters looking over their shoulders to keep them working;
- are responsible—they show up for their shifts on time and in good condition to work;
- are curious, want to learn more;
- can work with fellow employees, as well as a variable public;
- have a light in their eye.
Of course, it goes without saying that we want to hire people who are passionate about books and/or music. We are never looking for people who are just looking for a job, and this place or the corner gas station are all the same to them. We want people who want to work at Logos, to spend their workday among other employees who share their enthusiasms for the best books and music to be found on the Central Coast. We want our employees to have other interests, study quirky things, be able to discuss common and obscure pursuits. We want a well-rounded and informative staff, one that adds depth in day-to-day interactions with customers and employees.
Please contact us with a couple of paragraphs about yourself, hours and days available, and the minimum amount of time you are planning to be in Santa Cruz. If we are interested, we will contact you for your resume and references.
Comments or questions are welcome.